Hello, July. My, but you came on fast. Here's where we stand:
- Loan has been applied for. It was months of agonized confusion, but eventually UofB told me what I needed to know. Actually, that's kind of unfair...UofB did a great job telling me what I needed to know as soon as they could, it just wound up being (much much) later than I would have liked. Under the new system, I submitted my MPN, entrance counseling certificate, SAR and preferred amount to the school, who then acts as middle man between myself and my ever lovin' federal government, who then gives me all the money I asked for.
- I have to get the amount I asked for or my already too-short visa timeline becomes a near impossibility. This is, as you might imagine, giving me some consternation, especially as I have no sense of how long it takes to turn an application around. Wednesday I follow-up and see if I can't find that out.
- Once loan is secured, I submit my visa application IMMEDIATELY.
- Visa secured, I get plane tickets.
- Plane tickets secured, I start to breathe.
And that's where we are. Nothing's certain until plane tickets are procured, but as of now I will be in the states for my winter term break (Dec. 17- Jan 17) which bring me home for Christmas, New Year's and a not-too-unreasonably-early 25th birthday celebration, and then I'm straight on until whenever my program ends (June? September? I'm working that out).
Nothing spectacular to report, just wanted to give an update. I don't think anyone's reading this now, anyway, but it's good to get into the habit.
No comments:
Post a Comment