Saturday, November 12, 2011

Making a Living/Room

Wednesday, Jason and I went to IKEA. I know IKEA is supposed to be some kind of symbol of mediocrity and the man and our increasingly globalized society and so on, but I don't care..I love that place. Nesting/playing house is pretty much my favorite activity of all time. I love settling, I love putting a room together, and I love that IKEA is cheap enough I can afford to while still nice enough that I can still kind of feel like a real person. Also, as a friend reminded me, it's kind of disposable furniture, so it satisfies both my need to establish some kind of roots here while also respecting my commitment-phobia. If that isn't enough, I got everything I wanted while staying within my pre-set budget AND I get to put it together! It's like a Suzy Homemaker Giant Legos set. A win all around!

And thus I write this post in my furnished living, sitting at my dining table, on one of my four chairs, with a view of my two sofas (one left by the previous tenants), my two small coffee tables, my bookshelf and my rug. Neither Red nor I have a camera, but at some point I will do the picture tour of the new place. I promise.

I guess I should maybe also mention that work has started? They are giving us a lot of training, which is useful, so I'm still doing shadowing shifts, but I can already tell I'm really going to like it. The job is pretty straight forward, with good ebb and flow, and there's time to read during show shifts. The Company is really nice to us and we get a free ticket to each show and a free program and get to go to the parties and stuff, none of which I was really expecting. The big theatre is dark and, because I'm going home for Christmas, I don't think I'll start working on those shows until the new year. I'm perfectly fine with that, though, because the smaller theatre is much more manageable and is a really friendly space. There aren't any good stories, yet (the Prince hasn't stopped by, but I'll keep you updated), but just wanted to say something along the line of "I've started, I like it, I'm super happy to have this job!"


No comments:

Post a Comment